We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer specializing in front-end software development and creating exceptional user experiences. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving meaningful feedback on technical designs. You will be responsible for the look and feel of the user experience, architecture, and front-end graphics. You will need to collaborate with our top-notch design team and back end developers.
We are looking for a strong Frontend Engineer who can contribute to our product. This is an opportunity to have a big impact and get lots of ownership. We're looking for someone who thrives in the very early stages of a company and is self-driven.
You'll enjoy this role if you can
- Deliver features in an end-to-end manner.
- Provide technical leadership and own specific areas of the product.
- Work closely with product managers to translate product requirements to engineering specifications.
- Lead code review efforts and quality efforts in your area of ownership.
- Participate in product discussions, taking ownership and initiative.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- At least 5 years frontend development experience in a professional setting.
- At least 1 year of experience developing SPAs.
- Advanced OOP skills.
- At least 1 year experience working with React/React Native, TypeScript, async/await syntax, REST, and RESTful API integration.
- Should be comfortable converting mocks into high quality HTML/CSS.
- Must have an excellent understanding of how the web works.
- Experience with responsive web design, media queries and delivering functionality that works with range of client devices/browsers from desktops and laptops to mobile platforms.
- Experience with UI design patterns, security, performance and usability.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, continuous-deployment, automated testing.
- Must be willing to constantly learn new things.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice To Have Skills
- A history of working on side/hobby projects and contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- Experience with Flutter and/or Dart.
- Familiarity and comfort with gaming and/or AI.
- You can flex between frontend and backend.
- You've worked at a startup before.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace 💙
Avala pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.