We are seeking an experienced Product Designer to join us in originating, developing, and launching new experiences.
You'll enjoy this role if you can
- Drive the ideation and concept development for new experiences while partnering with development teams on defining the concept and vision for our products.
- Translate the vision and roadmap into engaging and well-balanced features and systems. Discover opportunities for and conceptualize new systems, content, and feature improvements.
- Partner with development teams to create and evangelize a product roadmap that supports the company vision and performance goals.
- Communicate and coordinate with the wider design & development team throughout the development process, iterating on designs, features, and processes until we get it right.
- Test and tune balance throughout the product life cycle.
- Strong experience with Cinema4D
- Proven experience working with a team that had been involved in developing and shipping at least one high quality web and/or mobile app that reached scale.
- Proven experience driving product features from inception to launch, with iterative development, getting feedback early and often, and making data driven decisions.
- Experience documenting, modeling, and developing system designs.
- Effective communication - you communicate frequently, directly and clearly; You are great at giving feedback and receiving feedback.
- Great attention to detail, positive attitude and a team player spirit.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: ability to operate in ambiguity and roll up your sleeves.
Nice To Have
- Leadership. A track record of driving digital product design projects from research through release and shipping at scale (3+ years of experience).
- Portfolio. An impressive body of work that highlights your diverse design skillset.
- Domain expertise. Unique viewpoints on design tools, mapping software, data visualization, and graphics applications that add something new to the team.
- Technical chops. Exposure to AI, machine learning, or computer vision will be helpful. Bonus points for frontend web development.
- Internationalization. Experience designing for a global audiences with a variety of different needs.
- Initiative. Examples of how you have proactively identified problems and rallied support in the past.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace 💙
Avala pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.