As a member of the Avala AI team you will implement, optimize and deploy deep learning models that advance the state of the art in perception for various computer vision and general purpose AI applications. You will work on reinforcing, optimizing and scaling our neural network training infrastructure.
The core of our AI infra capabilities consists of different neural networks that require training with large amounts of data. Robustly training jobs at scale and completing them in the shortest amount of time possible is critical to our mission. We are building out the machine learning platform that our customers use to schedule, track, and monitor their jobs, datasets and artifacts.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer. This is an opportunity to have a big impact and get lots of ownership. We're looking for someone who thrives in the very early stages of a company and is self driven.
You'll enjoy this role if you can
- Connect our machine learning code to databases, and these databases to the frontend. Our machine learning engineers and leadership use this stack to schedule, launch, monitor, track and debug experiments, jobs and models.
- Coordinate required hardware resources with the team managing the cluster hardware to maintain high availability.
- Work with the Machine Learning team directly to understand requirements and priorities.
- Shaping our practice as one of our early hires, bringing your technical leadership, experience, and knowledge of best practices to establish a strong engineering culture.
- Strong software engineering foundations and a desire to apply those skills toward making other engineers more productive
- BS/MS in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience building modern web applications using React/Redux or similar component based libraries.
- UI and graphic design sensibilities.
- Interest in machine learning, computer vision or neural networks.
- Must be willing to constantly learn new things.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience working with large computer clusters.
- Knowledge of machine learning, computer vision, or neural networks is a plus
- You've worked at a startup before.
- A history of working on side/hobby projects and contributing to open source projects is a plus.
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace 💙
Avala pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.